Cross-flow cooling towers and counter-flow cooling towers are basically a type of closed cooling towers, so why is it necessary to distinguish between cross-flow and counter-flow in the case of model selection? The larger root cause is the heat removal efficiency of the two The difference phenomenon. We have to figure out: Under normal circumstances, when the heat rejection temperature difference is relatively large, or the heat rejection environment temperature is relatively high, the cross-flow cooling tower is basically selected; the heat rejection environment temperature is relatively low Or when the temperature difference is relatively small, it is recommended to use a counter-flow cooling tower.
Why do we need to distinguish between these two? Firstly, because the two structural designs are different, the cross-flow type is basically one-side suction, and the cooling tower filler is added at the bottom of the cooler, so that the overall air inlet speed and The high efficiency of heat transfer is extremely fast. If it is a counter-flow cooling tower, then we are all sucking air around the bottom end, and the wind speed is immediately dissipated from the top according to the cooler. The structure design at the bottom end of the cooler lacks filler, so the heat dissipation and wind speed will be higher than that of cross flow. The cooling tower is slightly weaker.
The total area of the control system, according to the design of the cooling tower, only needs to be the same amount of heat, so that the cross flow and counter flow are basically reachable. It's just that the volume control is different. With the same heat rejection effect, the cross-flow cooling tower may occupy less total area than the counter-flow cooling tower. But if it is to be said, the counter-flow type cannot achieve the cross-flow type of heat removal effect. As a result, it is undoubtedly possible. As long as you increase a large number of heat extraction coils, the heat dissipation can still achieve the same effect. However, the total land area will definitely be large, and it is relatively difficult to control whether it is useful or not.
1. Simple structural features, convenient and quick loading and unloading
2, low nozzle pressure (energy saving)
3, maintenance is convenient and quick, equipment failure rate is low, easy to maintain (there is no rotating water distribution system inside).
4. The heat exhaust fins are not easy to scale and grow algae, and the heat exhaust fins are easy to clean.
5. When the outside air environment is higher than the structural design environment, other emergency cooling measures can be adopted (the tap water is sprayed immediately, the cooling fan is increased, etc.).
6. It adopts low cost, wide range of dosing, and the installation is not easy to cause corrosion, and the pressure of the nozzle required by the motor can be reduced.
1. The high efficiency is relatively low and the counterflow type is relatively low. The same refrigeration capacity must have a large box and a total area.
2. Slightly more water demand.
Application of counterflow cooling tower
1. It occupies a small total area, and has a high efficiency of the same volume. It is slightly higher than the cross-flow type (water is more evenly distributed on the heat extraction fins according to mechanical movement to enhance the unit heat extraction rate of the heat extraction fins).
2. It can cause a larger water temperature difference than the cross-flow type.
1. The inside structure is complex, and the rotating water distributor inside is very prone to problems, and after-sales maintenance is inconvenient after problems occur. 2. It is very easy to cause algae and sludge, and it is very easy to cause blockage of the water distributor, and it must be higher for sterilization and algae removal. 3. It must be higher for dosing. In addition to the metal pipe, the rotating structure is also metal. 4. The nozzle pressure must be high, and the water pump must be high. 5. High efficiency is fast, and the loss of cooling capacity in the later period is high and efficient.
Another: the counter-flow type is mostly suitable for round cooling towers, and the cross-flow type is mostly suitable for square cooling towers!
The two types of cooling towers don’t care about the pros and cons, just take full consideration of the actual situation. If you have any questions about cooling towers, please call us.
Guangdong Trlon Energy-saving Air Conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
Company Address： 1916A, Block A, David Donglong Business Building, Longhua, Longhua District, Shenzhen