Today, the Guangdong closed cooling tower manufacturer trlon air conditioner brings us an explanation of the lightning protection grounding method of the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower on the roof of the equipment, including whether you need lightning protection grounding, and now you have to do the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower lightning protection grounding Specific clarification of what should be done. Customers who have a little knowledge of FRP cooling towers know that most of the FRP cooling towers are either on the flat ground or on the top of the building. If your cooling tower equipment is on the top of the building, then you are faced with whether to protect the FRP cooling tower. Such a choice of mine grounding equipment. It is worth noting that the cooling tower does not have its own lightning protection method, and the standard equipment of the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower is not incidental to the lightning protection grounding project.
It can be said that the lightning protection and grounding of the roof glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower is an additional project based on your actual situation. It is assumed that you need to find a qualified lightning protection engineering company for lightning protection and grounding requirements, rather than the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower manufacturer. Of course, the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower manufacturer will also provide corresponding suggestions for reference based on years of experience.
It is clear that a common type of equipment on the roof of most factories is a cooling tower. Although its structure is appropriately simple, it faces challenges in terms of planning, equipment, and protection of a useful and used lightning protection system. Since the cooling tower itself is not incidental to lightning protection equipment, it requires rated planning and rated equipment and construction. In other words, you need to pay a certain amount of expenditure for lightning protection of cooling towers.
On the issue of whether it is necessary to make lightning protection and grounding for FRP cooling towers, it is actually not so necessary. This mainly depends on the relevant needs of the owner and the user. Assuming that the project requires lightning protection, it can only be Installed one. Our FRP cooling tower manufacturer only needs to clarify the risks faced by the roof FRP cooling tower without lightning protection and grounding.
Assuming that your FRP cooling tower equipment on the roof is not grounded for lightning protection, it is likely that lightning will often damage the drive motor, shaft and bearings, and may interfere with the control system. Repairs, or perhaps replacements, are very simple and cost a lot of money, and will extend the downtime of related production processes.
In fact, there are a variety of cooling tower lightning protection grounding systems, such as lightning rods, lightning rods, and surge protection equipment. Unfortunately, these lightning protection architectures have a variety of planning, data and operation weird. They are usually made of wood, glass fiber and composite materials to resist the strong corrosiveness of the coolant. Constant oscillations and shaking caused by unbalanced blades and other components can cause fatigue.
The materials selected for the components of the lightning protection system must meet the mission requirements. The lightning protection equipment of the cooling tower is the use of general work specifications and technical equipment, and the data usually does not stagnate with the passage of time, and often even extensive repair and maintenance are required.
Based on our rich experience in protecting these structures, we have cooperated with operators and manufacturers to develop materials, parts and equipment skills to significantly extend the service life and reliability of the lightning protection system. In addition, we provide the option of using a streamer to extend an air terminal, which is planned to delay the formation of a lightning-like streamer from the structure.
In the equipment-related system, you should verify the third-party lightning protection system certification. Regarding the completed equipment, it is required to provide a survey result book or project inspection statement.
1. Provide standard or customized lightning protection, and use a rope to enter the equipment when required. Lightning protection and grounding construction is relatively labor-intensive, so high-altitude operations are required, and the mentality of safety at the top of the list is very important. This is a national mission, and will punctually require customers to organize their time away from home according to their needs.
2. Satisfy customers' needs for equipment and upgrade lightning protection systems on buildings and structures.
3. Equipment lightning protection and grounding systems on various high-rise buildings, such as high-rise offices and apartments, spires and towers, glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling towers, industrial chimneys and power station cooling towers. This will involve the use of risk assessment and method clarification to plan a pre-planning plan including drawings.
4. Work on a multi-party construction site to safely erect ladders, scaffolds, work platforms and other safety equipment.
5. You will provide on-site communication and suggestions to the project's customers or managers to ensure that the company has always been a professional representative.
6. Accurately complete all the company's paperwork, including the risk assessment of the operating point, worksheets, data schedules and timetables to ensure
7. The equipment is equipped with a conductor system that complies with laws and regulations to provide the necessary important protection to avoid structural damage to the building or injury to the user. The lightning protection system extends the service life of the cooling tower and can well avoid unplanned repair costs.
The lightning protection system can provide complete lightning protection for the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower without the risk of side flashing and safe tripping.
Together with the Franklin rod solution for high-voltage insulation (lightning protection) lightning protection of composite structures. The lightning protection system can provide comprehensive lightning protection for these types of composite glass fiber water cooling towers without the risk of side flashing and safe tripping associated with NFPA 780 air terminal/down conductor mesh grid, otherwise the risk Will be distributed around the exterior of the glass fiber reinforced plastic cooling tower and the fan cover.
1. Features of FRP cooling tower lightning protection and grounding system:
The lightning side flash completely eliminated the structure.
The fan cover and the shell completely have no parts related to thunder and lightning, so that the protection becomes simple and safe.
2. Application planning of lightning protection grounding system:
(1) FRP cooling tower
(2) Special heat exchangers for process industry, HVAC, refrigeration, etc.
(3) Composite cooling tower and air-cooled heat exchanger
(4) Natural hyperbolic draft tower structure
(5) Efficient tower erection on site
(6) Power plant cooling tower
(7) Chemical processing plant
Guangdong Trlon Energy-saving Air Conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
Company Address： 1916A, Block A, David Donglong Business Building, Longhua, Longhua District, Shenzhen