Today, I will introduce to you China trlon air conditioner a cooling tower that improves energy efficiency.
The cooling tower radiates the heat of the circulating water used to cool the cooler, air conditioner or other process equipment to the ambient air. The heat is discharged from the cooling tower to the environment through the process of transpiration. Therefore, according to the design, the cooling tower uses a lot of water.
Cooling tower water loss overview
The thermal efficiency and life of cooling towers and equipment depend on proper handling of circulating water. Water leaves the cooling tower system in one of four ways.
1. Transpiration: The main function of the tower and the method of transferring heat from the cooling tower system to the environment.
2. Drift: A small amount of water may be taken away from the tower in the form of fog or small water droplets. Compared with transpiration and sewage, the drift loss is very small, and it is controlled by baffles and drift eliminators.
3. Blowdown: When water evaporates from the tower, dissolved solids (such as calcium, magnesium, chloride and silica) remain in the circulating water. As more water evaporates, the concentration of dissolved solids is added. If the concentration is too high, the solids will cause scale formation in the system. Dissolved solids can also cause corrosion problems. The concentration of dissolved solids is controlled by removing a portion of high-concentration water and replacing it with fresh make-up water. Careful monitoring and control of sewage discharge is a more important opportunity to save water in cooling tower operations.
4. Leakage or overflow in the basin: There should be no leakage or overflow in the correctly operated tower. Check the float control equipment to ensure that the water basin level remains normal, and check the system valve to ensure that there is no missing missing.
5. The total water lost from the tower must be replaced by makeup water:
Supplement = transpiration + sewage + drift
"A key parameter used to evaluate the operation of a cooling tower is the "concentration cycle" (sometimes called the cycle or concentration ratio). This is confirmed by calculating the ratio of the dissolved solids concentration in the sewage to the concentration in the make-up water. Since the dissolved solids enter the system in the makeup water and leave the system in the blowdown water, the concentration period is also roughly equal to the volume ratio of the makeup water to the blowdown water.
From the point of view of water efficiency, you want to increase the concentration cycle to a greater limit. This will reduce the discharge of sewage and reduce the need for water to a greater extent. However, this can only be done within the constraints of your makeup water and cooling tower water chemistry. Dissolved solids are added with the addition of the concentration cycle, unless carefully controlled, otherwise it will cause scaling and corrosion problems.
In addition to carefully controlling the sewage, the use of alternative supplementary water sources can also improve water efficiency. Water from other facilities and equipment can sometimes be recycled with little or no pretreatment and reused for cooling tower makeup water, including:
Air handler condensate (water collected when warm and humid air passes through the cooling coil of the air handler unit). This kind of reuse is particularly suitable because the mineral content of the condensate is very low, and it usually produces a larger amount when the cooling tower load is higher
The water used once through the cooling system
Pretreated wastewater from other processes, provided that any chemicals used are compatible with the cooling tower system
High-quality municipal wastewater or recycled water.
Guangdong Trlon Energy-saving Air Conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
Company Address： 1916A, Block A, David Donglong Business Building, Longhua, Longhua District, Shenzhen