In fact, everything has similarities and differences. Just like people, everyone has eyes and nostrils, but they produce different visual experiences together. Therefore, the closed cooling tower and the open cooling tower are both cooling towers, obviously there are similarities and differences.
The difference between a closed cooling tower and an open cooling tower: the form of heat transfer is different; the closed cooling tower uses fan coils to transfer heat, while the open cooling tower uses fillers to transfer heat.
(1) The use of fan coils to transfer heat can ensure that the cooling water is blocked from the external environment, that is, sand, dust, and various components in the external environment cannot easily enter the cooled water system. The use of fillers to transfer heat is just the opposite, because the cooling water in the fillers completely touches the outside air, which causes all the components in the air to have the opportunity to enter the cooled water. Sand and dust will cause stains inside the cooling water pipes. Even scale dirt, because the heat conduction of these stains is extremely low, and eventually the heat exchange efficiency is significantly reduced.
(2) Because of the stains, there is a chance that some of the thinner water pipes in the cooling water system will be blocked, which may cause accidents.
(3) Some components in the air can even cause corrosion of metal water pipes, and obvious leakage.
(4) The metal heat transfer fan coil of the closed cooling tower can carry a higher heat transfer temperature difference, especially a higher inlet water temperature. The filler of the open cooling tower is made of PVC, which is embrittled at high temperature. And even collapse.
(5) The use of fan coils for heat transfer is more difficult to collect stains and scales than fillers. Even if they occur, they are easier to handle because of the use of light tubes; the honeycomb structure of the filler is easier to collect stains, and it will also collect stains. It is very difficult to handle, and the filler will be damaged during the processing, which will reduce the heat exchange efficiency.
(6) Winter operation: The closed cooling tower can be used in the form of adding ethylene glycol to the cooling water to ensure very low outdoor temperature operation, and it can be "dry operation" (that is, the water pump is disabled, without consuming the cooling water); The cooling tower needs to freeze when the outdoor temperature is low, and because of the evaporation problem in the open system, the addition of ethylene glycol also leads to extremely high operating costs. And it cannot "dry operation", which will inevitably lead to the loss of cooling water.
Guangdong Trlon Energy-saving Air Conditioning Equipment Co., Ltd.
Company Address： 1916A, Block A, David Donglong Business Building, Longhua, Longhua District, Shenzhen